Most Important Part of Your House
The roof plays the multiple roles of protection, enhancement of the architectural appeal, support to the home appliances and cabling, and also increases the commercial value of your home during resale, leasing, and renting. You nay construct your house roofing with asphalt shingles, metal sheets and shingles, concrete, or the other types of materials. The procedures of design, plan, installation and configuration, customization, and maintenance works enhance the structural stability and durability of the roofs. Choosing the right roofing company will help you save on money and material resources, while ensuring the best quality according to the ASTM, ANSI, and the EPA standards.
Design and Construction
The design of the roof originates from the plan, and the plan comes from the architectural shape of the house. Asphalt shingles are economical and durable on steep slope structures. Installation is simple and fast. They are resistant to wind, hail, fire, algae, and the other damaging elements. It is easy to combine asphalt with fiberglass, organic materials, quartz, slate stone, brick and other strengthening materials.
Metal roofs are the strongest and the most durable structures. They are made from steel, aluminum, zinc, tin, and the other alloys. They are relatively more expensive than asphalt. They have the maximum resistance to climatic conditions, foot traffic, and the other damaging elements.
Similarly, there are many other roofing materials like the brick, concrete, clay, etc. There are also many roofing styles, from the flat to the Gambrel, Dome, Curved, Salt-Box, bonnet, Pyramid and others. Unless the roof is flat, it is the most prominently visible part of the home, apart from the sidings. Hence it is very important to design and construct the roof according to some specific parameters.
- Burglary Protection: A strong roof protects your home from break-in and burglary. Steeper pitches make it difficult for the intruders to walk on. Secure fasteners and clips can make it very difficult to dismantle the shingles. Having the secure battens and metal rafters constructed across the roof can also increase the level of protection.
- Wind Protection: The roof protects your home from the strong winds and hurricanes. Multiple panels on the roof can resist larger volume of wind and hail load. By biding the roof strongly with the interior walls at the eaves, ridge, horizontal grid, and the edges can reduce the risk of roof uplift during strong winds. Te structure is also found to be highly resistant to rain, snow, heat, and other climatic damages.
- Home Insulation: The roof acts as the insulation material to prevent the heat, cold, rain and other elements from penetrating inside. The underlayment, rafters, flashing, ice and water barrier, and the other insulation layers beneath the roof act as the barriers. They preserve the room heat during winters and the cool air during summer. Insulation is one form of achieving energy efficiency. The heating systems and the air conditioning can consume lesser fuel and power to generate the optimum volume of heating and cooling which last longer without leaking.
- Architectural Elegance: The roof is the best way to adorn your home with the best architectural design, pattern, shape, and construction. The combination of asphalt and fiberglass can elevate the aesthetics to the highest levels. Similarly, the colored metal shingles and sheets, concrete shingles, and the other materials can include the elements of shadow lines, wood like design, polymer coating, and the other parameters increase the architectural elegance of your entire home.
- Structural Support: Roof provides the structural support for a vast range of objects related to the interior design, lighting, cabling, electrical and electronic installations, etc.
All Weather Exteriors is your Winnepeg roofing experts with over 20 years re-roofing homes in and around Winnipeg. We can help you get an affordable new roof for your home. Whether you decide on an asphualt roof or a metal roof we can handle the job from start to finish. We use only top quality Roofing products and have highly skilled roofers that work for us. Call us today. We are also BBB certified in Winnipeg Roofing – All Weather Exteriors – Winnipeg Manitoba .The exterior of our homes and businesses are still important. All Weather Exteriors provides a wide range of exterior and roofing services in Winnipeg so that you can be confident in the durability and quality of your home, inside and out..We also know how frustrating it is to put your time on hold during a renovation and re-roofing. When you call All Weather Exteriors to do the work for you, we work quickly and correctly so that your life has the fewest possible interruptions while we take care of your exterior needs.When we work on any part of your property, we make it our priority to complete the project on time and under budget. We are dedicated to providing fast and friendly service so that you enjoy your home and business exteriors for years to come All Weather Exteriors
Installation and Configuration
The design and construction provides the support for all the above listed parameters. The installation procedures must conform to the ASTM, ANSI and the EPA standards to make the roof compatible with all the quality elements. Every state, city and the county will have its own set of regulations for the roofing installation procedures. Following the guidelines can extend the lifespan of the roof for decades, besides protecting the surroundings from the probable damages.
The installation of the roof starts from the supporting structure. Most of the non-flat roofs have the underlayment just beneath the metal of asphalt shingles. The structure beneath this layer consists of a solid metal or wooden frame. It consists of the ridge beam, strut, rafters, side and main post, etc. It gives structural stability to the roof.
The roof itself is made of many structural components. Some of them are the eaves, rakes, Gables, dormer, ridge, valleys, hip, etc. Every part has its unique application in enhancing the performance efficiency of the roof. For example, the valleys (Open and closed) can act as the barriers to protect the roof from water, snow, and other contaminating elements. Water from the roof flows through the valley and gets disposed into the drains at the ground level. Eves protect the walls from water at the roof and wall junctions. Eves are connected through pipes which carry the water down to the ground level and into the drains. The ridge is the channel through which the damp air in the home goes out. The hips provide structural stability to the steep pitches of the roof at the joints.
The various parts of the roof and the supporting structure enhance the strength, quality, and the durability of the roof. Hence, the protection parameters of the roof also increase.
Customization of the roof depends on the security, protection, and architectural aesthetics level you need. The application of modernistic designs, colors, patterns, and shapes to the roof construction has literally increased the property value by multiple times. So, your home roof is something which elevates the market value of the home and the surrounding property. The roof also represents your lifestyle and living standards. The classical, modernist, rustic, oriental, and other roof styles are here to stay. They can transform even the dullest looking building into the most stunning architectural wonder you can ever hope to visualize for your dream home.